October 29, 2021
Springfield Armory’s most popular single-stack, the XD-S Mod.2, has added two new variants to the OSP series with a 4-inch 9mm and 3.3-inch .45 ACP. The XD-S Mod.2 OSP series comes with a factory milled slide for low-profile, direct mounting of compact optics for an intuitive sight picture and uninterrupted focus on target. Available with an optional Crimson Trace micro red-dot sights.
Carrying a concealed pistol with a red dot has never been easier. Equipped with a slide milled for an optic from the factory, the XD-S Mod.2 OSP accepts the smallest, most popular micro red dots on the market. The optic mounts directly to the slide to achieve a minimum footprint and sits low enough to effectively utilize iron sights in an emergency.
The XD-S Mod.2 OSP 9mm variants ship with a concealable 7-round magazine with pinky extension and an extended 9-round magazine with grip extension for increased capacity. An 8-round magazine is also available for purchase to round out the package. The .45 ACP variant ships with a 5-round and extended 6-round magazines.
The Mod.2 frame was meticulously designed to enhance the interface between the pistol and the shooter. Key areas of the frame are covered in a unique anti-slip texture while the undercut trigger guard and extended beavertail work in unison to promote a proper shooting grip to control recoil.
If you’re looking for an EDC that blends in with your daily routine and disappears in your holster, the single-stack design of the XD-S Mod.2 OSP measures in at only 0.9-inch wide and provides superior reliability and concealability when you need it most.
- Hammer Forged Slide & Barrel: A forged slide and hammer-forged barrel ensure a long life and rugged reliability.
- White Front Dot & Serrated Rear Sight: A white dot front sight paired with an anti-glare serrated rear ensures quick and positive target acquisition.
- Standard Accessory Rail: The standard accessory rail accepts a host of popular lights and lasers.
- OSP Cover Plate: When an optic is not present, an included seamless polymer cover plate installs with ease, and adds additional slide serrations.
- Ambi Mag Release: Effectively release the magazine from either side of the XD-S Mod.2 OSP.
- Loaded Chamber Indicator: The XD-S Mod.2 OSP features a visual indicator to confirm the status of the chamber.
- Passive Grip Safety: The passive grip safety immediately readies the gun to fire when gripped but keeps the gun safe during carry. An additional drop safety in the striker block works in conjunction with the grip safety.
For more information about the Springfield Armory XD-S Mod.2 OSP series of pistols, please visit: springfield-armory.com